Saturday, February 8, 2014

Finding Balance

I slept in my own bed for the first time in a week last night.... It was amazing. I came home this weekend for a couple of reasons: 1. I've got to finish getting our new place together. There are still boxes every where and I'm starting to stress!! These are times that I wish I knew a pro organizer. 2. I was running out clean underwear. No explanation needed there. 3. My baby shower is Sunday. I don't do so well in group settings like baby showers, wedding showers, etc but we'll see how this goes. Ohh the woes of an awkward kid. 
It feels wonderful to be home but I miss my nugget so much but sometimes I feel guilty because she's still in that cold hospital so I'm doing my best to make sure she has a clean, organized and warm home to be discharged to. 
I don't dread my baby shower, I dread all the questions and I owe answers to my friends who will be attending but I tend to get overwhelmed so for all of you in attendance, please bear with me. Times like these I wish my best friend, Kayla lived closer. She always could help me get through these things. Also, my family in VA. We're such a crazy bunch that no one ever notices my awkwardness. 
It's going to be a long weekend but for today I'm just going to breathe and shop with the queen of shopping, my mom. One day I hope that McKenna and I have the relationship that my mom and I do. She drives me insane sometimes but she's become one of my best friends and biggest fan. My baby deserves that kind of mom. 
McKenna finally moved to a big girl crib in the hospital.... We're not home yet but we're close. 
-k

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost you are not awkward - You are Kayla and you are the most perfect Kayla I know! Second, all mothers at some point and time drive their children insane (I have now reached that point with my 12 year old), The concept is completely normal and I think it happens just so once we become mothers we feel guilty about feeling that way about our own mothers. Finally, you may never be the perfect mom. I'm not sure there is such a thing. Every mom is different because every child is different. You will be the perfect mom for McKenna, actually you already are. I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete