If my office chair was more comfortable, I’d probably take a nap.
Fortunately for my employment, it’s not that comfortable.
I crashed out at 6:30 yesterday evening and slept until 4:30 this morning, I’m supposed to be at work at 6am so needless to say I was hauling tail trying to make it on time. Luckily I made it with time to spare to get my Tall Mocha Light Frap (110 Cal). I am SOOO lucky to have a wonderful husband who let me sleep and stayed up with nugget. I probably could have slept another 12 hours.
I was going to go for a walk yesterday but by the time I made it through Nashville traffic (Which was CRAZY for a Wednesday at 2:30), stopped by the post office and paid a couple bills, I was beat. So I have nothing health wise to report today but I can say that I mastered putting my makeup on behind my desk so no one would see me.
Nugget had an eye doctor’s apt yesterday and I can gladly report that her vessels in her eyes are forming perfectly and there is no sign of risk of blindness (a worry in preemies). I am so beyond blessed that McKenna is progressing the way that she is, she’s gaining weight and has good loud cry. Being a parent is probably the scariest thing I’ve ever done and I’ve only been at it for almost 8 weeks. Since going back to work on Monday, I remembered how stressful life outside of McKenna can be. However, when I get home and see her sweet face only one scene comes to my mind…. And if you’ve never seen them Simpsons, you won’t get this but that’s okay. I’ll forgive you.
I’m going to talk about incentives for a minute. With this journey, I’m presenting myself with incentives for different goals. My first goal ranges from March 1st to March 31st… my goal is 10-15 lbs lost… If I can achieve that, I’m getting highlights for spring. Most of you know that I usually keep my hair on the lighter side but right now I’m rocking the ombre and while I love the ombre, sometimes you just need to go back to the basics. I also desperately need my eyebrows waxed but I can’t seem to drag my lazy self anywhere to get them done but that’s an entirely different problem and another discussion for another day.


No comments:
Post a Comment