Aren’t you hungry?
Duh.
Last night was the last supper before I begin the journey of clean(er) eating. I got the one thing that I will miss the most… Chinese food…. I’m such a sucker for orange chicken and sweet and sour sauce. It was an epic meal but what’s even more epic is how awesome I’m going to feel after I stop eating all this junk and start drinking my body weight in water.
I wish water tasted like chocolate.
Hubs and I are average people. We make a modest income, rent a lovely duplex, (it’s actually pretty nice… most people cringe when you say duplex) and have a newborn baby girl that most of you know as my nugget, so we are on a budget. BUDGET is an ugly 4-letter word that I’ve never had to use before but now I’m clipping coupons and searching the best deals, I’m coming to realize that it isn’t all that bad. I’ve said all of that to say this: eating healthy is expensive; it’s much cheaper to eat the junk. I’m learning to sacrifice and compromise (2 other words that I’m not used to.)
I did meal prep for the first time last night, mainly going off what I had found on other blogs and with hope and excitement of trying different things. I don’t think I did so bad, I got 4 meals for 8 dollars!! (BTW: The chicken was just baked in water and pepper at 350 degrees for 2 hours) I’ll never comprehend why so many people are dying to be stick thin, I’m not dying to be thin… I’m dying to live and I’m planning to make it a point to never focus on a number but rather how awesome I feel. For example, for the past week or so I’ve been drinking way more water and I can already see a rise in my energy and with a newborn that’s a big help.
Whilst in the hell hole, also known as Walmart, last night, I picked up a few of my favorite (budget friendly) beauty products, you don’t have to break the bank to feel pretty… you just have to know what you’re looking for and what stands out among the rest.
Those are just a few of my favorite things. As much as a hate Walmart…. I find some of the greatest things there.

No comments:
Post a Comment