Saturday, February 1, 2014

Being a Crazy Mommy

I've learned some very valuable lessons through everything that's been happening over the past couple of weeks. 
1. You find strength in the people you never imagined you would. -- I have had an outpour of kind and inspiring words from the least likely of people. I'm grateful because it has shown me that people are better than I thought. 
2. And sometimes your loved ones let you down. --- I'm not going to elaborate too much on this but what I will say is that there are days, like today, that I feel alone in a crowded room. 
3. You think you're "strong" until you have to be strong. --- I've always been strong willed and thought I could take on the world. I was wrong. Some days I am stronger than others but on the days I have to leave my baby, I want to break down. 
4. People are going to think you're crazy.... And that's okay.--- I am my daughter's biggest fighter, if I'm not there to advocate and fight for her, who will? If those nurses and doctors think I'm crazier than a bag of cats, oh well. 
5. Never underestimate the power of a good friend.--- A real and pure friendship is a valuable thing. Your friends will protect you from yourself sometimes and help you hold it together better than anyone else. 
And 6. My daughter is the best part of me. --- I can't describe this but all of you mommies out there know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. She's my greatest accomplishment. 
Today was a good day for my baby. She gained another ounce and is continuing to hold her own. Coming home this weekend was a blessing in disguise. While I didn't come home for one of the happiest occasions, it has put a lot in perspective for me. 
Sometimes you just have to come home to make sense of things. 
Mommy's little nugget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment