There are so many things on my mind today but first let me start with a big HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY to my nephew, Levi. He’s such a bright light in our lives and watching him and McKenna grow up together is the biggest blessing!
There has been a lot of emphasis on bullying in the news lately and I’d just like to touch on my own experiences and observations. Children can be cruel, Teenagers are heinous, but nothing beats a jealous adult. Nothing. You see, some people never truly grow up and learn that in order to be happy, you have to stop wishing for what others have. I was an unusual kid, an awkward teenager, but I’ve never felt more alienated than by miserable adults who believe that everyone should bow to them in all of their made up glory. They will make you miserable for their happiness.
Forgive me but I’m reminded of a quote from “Mean Girls” that sums just about everything you need to know about life and bullying up: “Calling somebody else fat won't make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn't make you any smarter. And ruining Regina George's life definitely didn't make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you.”
Bullys don’t go away; they just grow into liars, manipulators, and narassistic fools. And that kids, is my PSA for today!

No comments:
Post a Comment