From the time I was 5 years old to at least 21, I wanted one thing: to be a movie star. I love acting, I love art and all of the technical aspects of the theatre and movies. It wasn’t until I was older that I realized that Hollywood was a challenge and it was primarily smoke and mirrors, nothing was as it appeared to be.
I spent my Saturday morning doing something I never thought I’d do…. Watching the Kardashians. To be completely honest I’ve never really cared for them, they have too much money for their own good but I learned a few things from them during the 5 hours (that I’ll never get back) invested in them: fame is dangerous. You pay an awful price for being famous; your privacy. Sure, I get on here and broadcast my personal opinions and thoughts but it’s not something I wouldn’t say out loud if given the chance. People like the Kardashians can’t even sit on their porch in the morning and enjoy their coffee in their pajamas, looking disheveled, without someone capturing it on camera. I couldn’t live like that.
However, if there is one thing to admire about the Kardashians it’s their drive. These women just don’t take “no” for an answer and that’s admirable. In a sense, I want to be like them. I want to believe that I can do anything, take no prisoners and be unstoppable.




No comments:
Post a Comment