“We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.”
― Henry Ward Beecher
― Henry Ward Beecher
Kudos to Goodreads for that amazing quote.
This is something that I have to take to heart most days…. My progress is not going to be the same as others. I have made progress and that’s something, I make mistakes every day and I’m not ashamed because we are all human and God made us to make mistakes.
I have recently started using some of the Advocare products, mainly Spark and Slam, and after 2 days I can say that they do exactly what they advertise… give you energy. It’s 6:21 in the morning and I’m ready to take on the whole Empire myself. (Where my Star Wars fans at???)
Last night I worked my “hell shift,” as I lovingly call it, 6a-730p and it made me realize that I NEED to get some exercise in and maybe I won’t be dragging my feet behind me after a day like that. Over the past couple of months I’ve just been changing the way I eat and drink but now it’s time to kick it up a notch. I know that if I start exercising just 3 days a week, I’ll see results. (Oh the joys of still being considerably “young”). So I’m calling out to my friends and acquaints, I need an exercise partner. Someone who will push me to my limits and not let me give up.
Recently, I’ve been working to find my balance. Finding balance is a difficult thing, especially when you’re a full time mom, wife, and employee. (Not saying that if you’re not those things, you can find balance… this is just my dilemma) I want to be a great mother, a great wife, and a stand up employee while focusing on my health, it’s just difficult sometimes and I feel like I’m neglecting something or someone. Any tips of the trade for this little thing called balance??


No comments:
Post a Comment