Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Our own room!!

Today my baby gained the last ounce she needed to be a pound over her birth weight!! The past couple of weeks have been the hardest couple weeks of my life. I think the most difficult thing has been not being about to stay with her and watching someone else raise my child. I was robbed of the first diaper, feeding and I wasn't even the first person she touched. Everyone saw my sweet baby before I was given the chance 2 days after her birth so I suppose I have a bit of anxiety over leaving her.
McKenna finally got her own room this week so we're able to stay with her. After weeks of tears and frustration of having to leave her and the financial difficulty of driving 90 miles a day have finally eased up, they're far from over but at least this is a great way to be able to see her more. 
Now as I sit here watching Hubs rock her, I'm reminded how blessed I am. I have a beautiful family and I thank God every day for the opportunity to be Kenna's mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment