We all could do things to make us happier but feeing the need to "recreate" myself at 29 just doesn't sound appealing. I like me. I like the person I've become. It's taken so much soul searching but I've come to terms that I'll always be a glass half empty type of girl. I love Star Wars, action movies and I detest high heels. I'm more Homer Simpson than Marge and if you ask me where the vacuum is in our home, I'd give you a blank stare. But this is who I am.
My mom gifted me with a super cute clarisonic for Christmas and it's kind of amazing. My 29 year old skin is showing signs of my 16 year old skin. Let me just put it out there that I've never had bad skin.... God gave me a trade off. I won't have bad skin but I'll probably always be chubby. By the way, that is not fat shaming- that is acceptance of Dr.Pepper love. Anywho, mom got me and my 19 year old college student sister one for Christmas and while I know it is simply mom looking out for our skin I also started to think, "You're not getting any younger, Kayla so you really need to get with this adult shit and take better care of yourself." And that's what I've been attempting.
Super cute, right?
2016 brought me many wonderful things, weddings, vacations, another year with my family and friends and a fabulous new job. I want 2017 to bring many more wonderful things my way.
I will be self publishing my first ebook on Amazon sometime in the near future. And no, it's nothing historical or autobiographical. It's fluff. Pure and simple. Stick with me through 2017. 29 is going to be my best year and it's not going to have anything to do with resolutions.

No comments:
Post a Comment