Wednesday, January 4, 2017

McKenna is 3!!!

At 6:58 am today, my 2 lb 6 oz miracle baby turns 3!



It's hard to believe that 3 years ago she was a premie. Born 10 weeks early, McKenna was and still is my most amazing achievement. She's my hero and my best friend.

Over the past 3 years she's developed a very feisty personality. She's particular about where to put her barbies like her daddy but when things don't go her way, watch out! (She might get that from her momma) She likes to hide out in her closet and watch Shimmer and Shine on her tablet and may be on her way to being a crazy cat lady. I'm constantly in awe of how wonderful this tiny human is and couldn't be prouder.

To all of you who reached out to us after Kenna's birth offering prayers, your own NICU experiences and gifts for our sweet girl... I'll never be able to repay your kindness and we are forever grateful.

I didn't handle the NICU well. I freely admit it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that our experience in the NICU would make me a better person and mother.

Let me elaborate on that one before you jump to anything: I used to live my life so wound up and almost wrecklessly. I was a time bomb. Having McKenna be in the situation she was in and having no control over it was not only humbling but humiliating. I blamed myself for so long and out of that blame I finally took the time to step back and understood what was really important.

I've now channeled my pent up energy into making sure that little girl has the amazing life possible

I started this blog as an outlet, my own path to amazing grace and along the way I realized that the grace I was desperately searching for now calls me "momma."

Thank you all so much for the support over the last 3 years. I'm going to take a couple days with McKenna and Winston but I'll be back with a less mushy blog entry.

-k

No comments:

Post a Comment