Thursday, March 13, 2014

Have you met Ted??

I love How I Met Your Mother. Period. I’ve participated in many HIMYM marathons that followed brunch. It’s quoted many times during my day, I compare certain friends to certain characters, I attempt to place slap bets, and Barney and Robin’s romance has made my heart melt. With all that being said, I never cared about meeting the mother. Ever.
The fan theories surrounding the finale of How I Met Your Mother are killing me… I won’t spoil it for anyone by explaining these theories (google them… they aren’t happy) but March 31st couldn’t get here fast enough.
HIMYM has filled the void that Friends left in my life and at the end of the day; the show is more about those relationships and situations leading up to the point in which you settle down, the most important part of a destination is the journey and the mother is only the destination. (You can disagree with me all you want, it’s just my opinion)
Now that my frustration with a TV show is out there, I can happily say that my hair is now a normal color… it’s not the color of a banana or rust. It’s normal. Finally.  A woman’s hair is a very touchy subject. If it gets messed up, she’s a mess and I was a hot mess.

I got to spend my evening with my little nugget which was long overdue. Being a working mom is hard work, especially when you have to take care of other things before you get home to your baby. The bills won’t pay themselves and the fridge won’t magically fill up with food… I sure wish it did. For the past month that she has been home, McKenna has only been out a couple of times as her immune system was a source of concern since she was so early. My poor baby got her shots the other day so we are getting closer and closer to being able to finally take our girl out and show her the world. I’m hoping that McKenna can have her first Easter outside of our home with her cousin, Levi. It’s so nice having another baby for McKenna to grow up with that is close to her age.
On a lighter note to leave on… I’ve been trying out different healthy desserts because my sweet tooth is one of my main down falls but I think I’ve finally found a quick dessert that is actually pretty healthy.

I mixed 1 oz container of lite Cool Whip and ½ a small box of strawberry jello and let it freeze for 30 minutes. It was interesting but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment