Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Back with a Bang

It's time to come out of hiding....

I've been away from my blog for FAR too long but as of recent I've read several articles and posts that haven't been setting right with me. {it's a southern expression, you'll get used to it}

Before I get into my rant, I would like to update everyone on my sweet little munchkin... She's just amazing and she blesses me every day. She's 9 months old and 16.5 lbs. Her blue eyes light up when she sees her daddy and her dish water blonde hair is getting thick up top. 

We as women, not as mommies or wives or whatever your situation may be, need to be more supportive of each other. It's come to my attention (the internet is a powerful thing, y'all) that there are "mommy bullies" out there. That's not cool ladies. I'm going to lose friends over this but it needs to be said: do not judge me or anyone else for feeding their child formula. Unless you are a pediatrician or a lactation nurse, you have zero authority on what is best for my child. I, along with many other women, lost my ability to breast feed while my daughter was in the NICU. It may be natural but sometimes nature doesn't always work out, or I would have been able to carry McKenna full term and have a "normal" birthing experience. Don't judge me for my c-section scar, I had no choice. We should be supporting each other's decisions, not making each other feel like mommy poo. I would never ever judge someone for breast feeding so don't judge me for my inability to. 

I haven't written in months and I decided to come back with a bang but lately I've seen WAY too many articles about women feeling ostracized for things that are sometimes out of their control. So please, support each other, don't turn your nose up at me until you know my story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment